We provided a comprehensive scope of work including LVIA, EcIA, protected species surveying, evidence based landscape masterplanning, stakeholder engagement, photorealistic visualisations, access strategy and detailed landscape design to support the proposed relocation of Aberdeen Football Club, including stadium, training facilities and sports academy to a greenfield location adjacent to the AWPR.
The site was prominent, in a green belt location and overlooked in part by adjacent settlement. We were required to demonstrate, to the satisfaction of the council officers, that a meaningful ecological enhancement, landscape mitigation and access strategy was deliverable to minimise potential effects associated with the development proposals.
The site has been granted planning permission and we are working with our clients to purify planning conditions and deliver a construction package and eCOW services.
Our scope of provided environmental services includes:
- Scoping report for Landscape and Visual Impact Assessment (LVIA);
- Landscape and Visual Impact Assessment (LVIA);
- Residential Amenity Assessment (RAA);
- Lighting Assessment;
- Landscape framework and landscape mitigation strategy; and
- Landscape Layout and detailed Planting Plans.
Our scope of provided GIS and Visualisation services includes:
- Viewpoint photography;
- Development modelling;
- Photomontages for LVIA, RAA and cultural heritage assessments;
- Night-time photomontages for lighting assessment; and
- GIS mapping and analysis.
Our scope of provided ecological services includes:
- Scoping report for Ecological Impact Assessment (EcIA);
- Provision of Ecological Impact Assessment (EcIA);
- Survey of national and European Protected Species (EPS);
- Species and mitigation guidance;
- National Vegetation Classification (NVC) survey;
- Inspection of adherence to legislation requirements; and
- Liaison with statutory consultees and design team members.