To date, Brindley has provided a comprehensive suite of ecological, landscape masterplanning and detailed landscape design services as part of an extensive design team supporting Henry Boot Developments Ltd as they deliver this £333m strategic project for Aberdeenshire in a challenging location adjacent to Aberdeen airport.
A comprehensive scheme of hard and soft landscape works including the creation of extensive new areas of public realm and civic space associated with the AECC buildings was developed from findings from the Environmental Impact Assessment (EIA), which we co-ordinated and managed. We also engaged in extensive consultee liaison to ensure that the developing scheme was capable of achieving, initially Planning Permission in Principle and subsequently detailed consent, both of which have now been secured.
The majority of the burn corridor footpath and landscape works have been completed and we are currently working with the developer to install the hard landscape to the central plaza and adjacent hotels.
Our scope of provided landscape design services includes:
- Landscape masterplans and Design Access Statement contribution;
- Presentation to Aberdeen City Council. Aberdeen International Airport and other stakeholders;
- Graphics for public consultation and promotional material;
- Contractor interviews;
- Hard and soft landscape proposals for tender and construction;
- Hard and soft landscape details package for tender and construction;
- National Building Specification (NBS), risk assessment and maintenance documents;
- Landscape art strategy;
- Materials sample inspection and sign-off;
- Nursery stock selection;
- Co-ordination of hard landscape drainage and levels;
- Site-wide setting out drawings;
- Manufacturer liaison and sign-off of fabrication drawings;
- Ongoing client liaison, design team meetings and site visits;
- Snagging reports; and
- Building Information Modelling (BIM) compliant project management.
Our scope of provided ecological services includes:
- Co-ordination of Environmental Impact Assessment (EIA);
- Scoping report for Ecological Impact Assessment (EcIA);
- Ecological Impact Assessment (EcIA);
- Extended phase 1 habitat assessment;
- Survey of European Protected Species (EPS);
- European Protected Species (EPS) licensing;
- Species Protection Plans (SPP) and mitigation guidance;
- Inspection of adherence to licence and legislation requirements; and
- Liaison with statutory consultees and design team members.
Our scope of provided masterplanning and supporting services includes:
- Environmental Impact Assessment (EIA) co-ordination and management;
- Landscape and Visual Impact Assessments (LVIA);
- Viewpoint photography;
- Indicative and concept masterplans;
- Evidence based spatial masterplans;
- Development frameworks and zoning;
- Development modelling and visualisation;
- GIS mapping and analysis;
- Urban design;
- Community and stakeholder engagement;
- Design & Access statement contribution;
- Masterplan Documents;
- Graphic design for presentation documents;
- National, regional and local planning policy compliance and advice;
- Best practice guidance compliance and advice; and
- EU and UK legislation compliance and advice.