To date, Brindley has provided a comprehensive suite of ecological, landscape masterplanning and detailed landscape design services as part of an extensive design team supporting Henry Boot Developments Ltd as they deliver this £333m strategic project for Aberdeenshire in a challenging location adjacent to Aberdeen airport.
A comprehensive scheme of hard and soft landscape works including the creation of extensive new areas of public realm and civic space associated with the AECC buildings was developed from findings from the Environmental Impact Assessment (EIA), which we co-ordinated and managed. We also engaged in extensive consultee liaison to ensure that the developing scheme was capable of achieving, initially Planning Permission in Principle and subsequently detailed consent, both of which have now been secured.
We are currently working with the developer to ensure that the development proposals are as cost effective as possible whilst retaining the high quality of the consented scheme.
Our scope of provided ecological services, includes:
- Co-ordination of Environmental Impact Assessment (EIA);
- Scoping report for Ecological Impact Assessment (EcIA);
- Provision of Ecological Impact Assessment (EcIA);
- Extended phase 1 habitat assessment;
- Survey of European Protected Species (EPS);
- European Protected Species (EPS) licensing;
- Species Protection Plans (SPP) and mitigation guidance;
- Inspection of adherence to licence and legislation requirements; and
- Liaison with statutory consultees and design team members.
Our scope of provided masterplanning and supporting services, includes:
- Environmental Impact Assessment (EIA) co-ordination and management;
- Landscape and Visual Impact Assessments (LVIA);
- Indicative and concept masterplans;
- Evidence based spatial masterplans;
- Development frameworks;
- Development zoning;
- Development modelling and visualisation;
- Urban design;
- Development layouts;
- Community and stakeholder engagement;
- Design & Access statement contribution;
- Masterplan Documents;
- Graphic Design for Presentation Documents;
- National, Regional and Local Planning Policy Compliance and Advice;
- Best Practice Guidance Compliance and Advice; and
- EU and UK Legislation Compliance and Advice.