We were appointed by Collective Architecture to prepare a comprehensive public realm design package for the redevelopment of the former Victoria Hospital site in Glasgow.
We developed concept landscape designs for the redevelopment of the site, incorporated new residential apartments, commercial space and pedestrian links through to Queens Park.
We produced landscape layout and strategy documents for a high quality public realm with new urban spaces and links. The project has been submitted for planning approval in 2017.
The aim of the design process was to:
- Appraise the existing public realm and urban form, movement, existing public spaces and pedestrian links;
- Provide clear design concepts and aspirations for each defined character area to reinforce sense of place and visual cohesion within the urban envelope; and
- Provide urban design parameters and guidelines sufficient for stakeholders to have the confidence that a high quality public realm.
Our scope of provided landscape services includes:
- Indicative and concept masterplans;
- Evidence based spatial masterplans;
- Development frameworks and zoning;
- Development modelling and visualisation;
- Design & Access statement contribution;
- Masterplan documents;
- Graphic design for presentation documents;
- National, regional and local planning policy compliance and advice;
- Best practice guidance compliance and advice; and
- EU and UK legislation compliance and advice.